Sleeping Cub

 





I love looking at lions and cubs. I find this particular picture so cute,
a sleeping cub, looking so cute and oh so harmless.
I can just imagine touching its fur, must be so soft and gentle to touch.
My zodiac sign is Leo so I would love to have a pet lion or cub,
but I still have my fears.  Going to the zoo I could hear them roar and
they look so fierce, and even if they are in their cages
 they still look so majestic and strong. But I think they would be much happier
on a more free habitat than on a zoo and caged.



According to wikipedia -- The lion inhabits grasslands, savannas, shrublands and dry deciduous forests. It is usually more diurnal than other wild cats, but when persecuted, it adapts to being active at night and at twilight. During the Neolithic period, the lion ranged throughout Africa, Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, and Western and South Asia, but it has been reduced to fragmented populations in sub-Saharan Africa and one population in western India. It has been listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List since 1996 because populations in African countries have declined by about 43% since the early 1990s. Lion populations are untenable outside designated protected areas. Although the cause of the decline is not fully understood, habitat loss and conflicts with humans are the greatest causes for concern.